Re: Technical writing salaries

Subject: Re: Technical writing salaries
From: "Theresa Jones" <tjones95 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:50:08 CDT

That's interesting, because I just saw a job post on the Framer's list looking for a Junior Technical Writer with 2 years of experience. So, if you are a junior tech writer when you have two years experience, and a senior tech writer when you have three years experience, when are you just a plain old tech writer?
This is as obnoxious as trying to figure out the difference between an information designer and a tech writer. Just call me whatever name gets paid more.
Theresa

LenX Humbird wrote:

If 3 years constitutes a "senior tech writer," then what does that >make a
tech writer who has 10-15 years experience?

My suggestions, in no particular order:
* Mega-senior tech writer
* A Real tech writer
* Tech writer/systems analyst