RE: Query: "Quiesce"? (Quiesce me no quiesces!)

Subject: RE: Query: "Quiesce"? (Quiesce me no quiesces!)
From: Todd Sutherland <TSutherland -at- DERIVION -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:19:51 -0400

Have you heard of "quiesce" used as a verb? The sentence I'm editing
reads:

"... must be bracketed by MB instructions to quiesce the memory system.
The Istream must also be quiesced before and during the sequence."

If Shakespeare can use "but" as a verb and get away with it, I don't
see why you can't use "quiesce". :)

Todd

Todd G. Sutherland 100-65 Allstate Parkway
Technical Writer Markham, Ontario L3R 9X1
tsutherland -at- derivion -dot- com 905-974-9730 ext. 382
http://www.derivion.com 905-947-9744 fax

In the beginning was the Word...