Problem with TrueType and PostScript fonts

Subject: Problem with TrueType and PostScript fonts
From: "LEHR" <Joerg -dot- Lehr -at- biotronik -dot- de>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 08:11:03 MEZ

Hello:

Unexpectedly, a problen with a font (Optima in different
styles) has developed. When using the font for press
from PS files the curves of the characters become
pixeled and edgy. My system displays the font as TT
font although it is a PostScript font administered by
ATM.

On another machine the font is listed (as in WORD for
instance) as PostScript font and the problem doesn't
arise.

1) Has anyone been confronted with this phenomenon,
knows where it comes from and maybe even knows a
solution?

2) Does this have s.th. to do with upgrading to Acrobat
4.05 (German) with the (German) PS Driver 4.3.1
(although, this is the case also on the other machine)

3) How do I manage to have the PostScript-
font employed as such (in case this is part of the
solution)?

With best regards and wishes

Joerg Lehr
- Technical Editor -
Tachyarrhythmia Therapy Dept.
BIOTRONIK Biomedical

tel.: +49 30 689 05 374
fax.: +49 30 689 05 370
mailto:joerg -dot- lehr -at- biotronik -dot- de
BIOTRONIK GmbH & Co.
Woermannkehre 1
D 12359 Berlin
Germany