RE: Need to write-protect parts of a document...or image

Subject: RE: Need to write-protect parts of a document...or image
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'Eric Ray'" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 15:15:18 -0400

Hallo:

As an afterthought, if the images were part of a Java Applet, then you could
protect them. Although, if your page source references the graphics files
that the applet uses, you can still go directly to the graphic and download
it.

For example, go here http://fecswebs.simplenet.com/CVFAInc and try to save
the image of the patch to a local drive. Then, use view source to find info
and you come up with the name of the image: index2.jpg. Then, here:
http://fecswebs.simplenet.com/CVFAInc/index2.jpg. From this location, you
can download the graphic.

So, perhaps an applet is the way to go with precautions taken not to provide
graphics names or locations?

Best regards,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com