Re: The bottom line on professionalism in TW

Subject: Re: The bottom line on professionalism in TW
From: Becca Price <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 11:05:21 -0700 (PDT)

I'd like to add a few thoughts to Arlen's post, if I
may.

> >If you can't "take the time" to care about what you
> write, or those to
> whom
> >you write, why take the time to write at all?
>
> Because I figure in a room full of writers, people
> might just be more
> interested in what I have to say than how I say it?

because I read this list on my own very scarce
personal time, and I'm not getting paid for what I
write here and am only indirectly getting paid for
what I learn on this list.

I learn a lot, even though I've been a tech writer for
a long time, so it's useful to me still... but, as an
independent contractor, anything relating to this list
is on my own dime.

btw, the definition of a professional (as opposed to
an amateur) is someone who gets paid for what they do.

-Becca, who is in a curmudgenly mood today for various
non-work related reasons

=====
http://im.yahoo.com