Re: Knock it off

Subject: Re: Knock it off
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 15:44:15 -0500

I'm one of those people for whom spell checker was invented. Between my less than stellar spelling and appalling typing skills (so how did I manage to become a tech writer?), no telling how my text is going to come out.

Both Outlook and Netscape allow you the option of having your spelling automatically checked before the mail goes out. I enable this option. Some words I just simply can't spell correctly first time out, others, I know how to spell, but my fingers can't hit the right keys. It saves me a lot of embarrassment.

I find it also helps to look over what I've written...just in case I used the wrong word, left one out, don't make sense....whatever.

In any case, I'm hardly in a position to be tacky and point out other's mistakes in public. Do unto others and all that.

Jo Byrd