Re: Advice for Job Seekers

Subject: Re: Advice for Job Seekers
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: techwr-l digest recipients <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 10:28:15 -0700

helen cygnarowicz <bigh -at- slip -dot- net> wrote:

>I have to admit to being put off by someone telling me how his
carpal tunnel syndrome was > not addressed to his satisfaction
and so a lawsuit was in the wings.

I know a programmer who puts on his resume that he quit two jobs
because he took his employer to labour relations, and quit
another because his boss had lied to him about the nature of the
job.

This same programmer didn't just phone a company daily about his
application, but, when he didn't hear from them on the day they
had promised to get back to him, phoned and left an abusive voice
mail message.

He hasn't worked for a while, and can't figure out why.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
3015 Aries Place, Burnaby, BC V37 7E8, Canada

"And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow,
with smiling bastards lying 'bout you everywhere you go,
Stand tall and put forth all your strength of hand and heart and brain,
And like the 'Mary Ellen Carter' rise again."
- Stan Rogers "The 'Mary Ellen Carter'"