Re: Advice for Job Seekers

Subject: Re: Advice for Job Seekers
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwrl-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 09:05:16 -0700 (PDT)

I interviewed a woman just recently who asked me during the interview if I was
a pot smoker. When I told her no, she said "You Mormon!" I'm not sure if I
laughed at her irreverence or her intense stupidity, but the whole exchange was
enough to make me throw her resume away.

The best advice for job interviews is real simple - be professional. Dress
nice, be polite, be confident but humble. Don't bitch about your previous jobs
and don't babble about your life. Exhibit the qualities that make a good
technical communicator: precise, concise, and effective. Nobody cares about how
your previous employer didn't nurture your tender soul.

And if you get some nutcracking tyranical interviewer (which there are many)
just be a super cool cat and breeze through. The more you fear tyrants, the
more satisfaction they get.

Zippidy doo.
Andrew

http://im.yahoo.com