Re: Acrobat 4.05 error message

Subject: Re: Acrobat 4.05 error message
From: John Fulton <John -dot- Fulton -at- enterprisemodeller -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 12:46:25 +0100

"Brame, Heather" <heatherb -at- aiinet -dot- com> wrote:

>Up until today, I was using Acrobat 4.0 (and Acrobat 3.0 before that) with
>no problems. I just installed Acrobat 4.05 on my computer. Now, when I
click
>File | Save As or File | Print and select the Acrobat Distiller (Adobe PS
>5.1.2) the job creates a .ps file. However, when I open this .ps file in
>Distiller, I immediately receive the following message:
>
>%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%
>%%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: FmPD2 ]%%

I saw this error some years back. At that time, it was solved by
going into the printer's properties, choosing the PostScript tab,
and selecting "PostScript (optimize for portability - ADSC)"
in the "PostScript output format" drop-down list.

Hope this helps,

John Fulton
john -dot- fulton -at- enterprisemodeller -dot- com