Re: what would you?

Subject: Re: what would you?
From: Harry Hager <hhager -at- dttus -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com, Kevin -dot- Feeman -at- micromass -dot- com
Date: 03 Apr 2000 16:27:57 -0500

Kevin et al,

Somewhere out there there are companies or subscription services that
specialize in providing filler material for companay newsletters. Some
of the material is small as when you only need a few lines of
material. Some of the material consists of articles that are generic
enough for any company newsletters. Examples: Exercises at your desk,
Keeping a neat desk, Organizing files, etc.

At one time, I was in a group that did subscribe to a service and the
material was very useful. I don't know the cost. I've since tried
unsuccessfully to find out the name of that company because I'm again
involved with a company newsletter.

Usually there is no charge for using the material (you pay for the
subcription service). Typically all they want is proper attribution
and sometimes not even that, if I remember correctly.

Does anybody know the names of any companies that provides this kind
of material for company newsletters via subscription service or
whatever?

Jim Hager
hhager -at- dttus -dot- com

Subject: what would you?
Author: Kevin -dot- Feeman -at- micromass -dot- com at Internet-USA
Date: 4/3/00 10:49 AM

In trying to keep with my comments made last week, I have a question
for
you. My department, along with QA, have been asked to develop a company
newsletter for our small company. I am excited about this, because we are
using our newly designed, proprietary software to create a tailored
newsletter that would be different for each recipient based on user
profiles. It is a good use of our software and will be extremely valuable
when creating topics for user guides. However, I digress.

I know basic categories of information that could go into a newsletter, like
company updates, or employee interviews, stuff like that, but I am a little
stumped on other topics that could be covered in a company newsletter. I
would be interested to hear what topics other companies put in their
newsletters.

I did searched through the archives, and all I saw were posts on layouts and
templates for newsletters. I am more interested in the information that
could be included. Any ideas?

Kevin Feeman
Lead Senior Technical Writer
MicroMass Communications Inc.
www.micromass.com <http://www.micromass.com/>
(919) 851-3182 Ext. 3105
kevin -dot- feeman -at- micromass -dot- com