RE: Re. Bidding on editing work?

Subject: RE: Re. Bidding on editing work?
From: emmy_aricioglu -at- hp -dot- com
To: Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA, TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 11:29:55 -0700

You're right -- my colleague should kiss this potential project goodbye. If the
client starts out using expressions that don't jibe with our (limited)
experience, tell them to go suck something! All potential clients must use the
currently accepted expressions -- preferably those that begin with "easy work,
big bucks." Sheesh!

My colleague came to me because I've been editing for quite a few years (about
20 or so) and wanted to know the going rate per page of light editing. Light
editing obviously means something less than "editing." The true meaning will be
revealed once the work begins. In this case, the potential client has been
pre-approved as OK. Sorry if I didn't mention that in the original posting.
What I didn't know is the "per page" rate for editing and for that I turned to
the Techwr community. Some of you have been extremely helpful in supplying that
information and for that I am thankful. I will compile all the responses and
post them.

Now, Geoff, back to that "per page" rate ...

Emmy