Printing black and white for photocopying

Subject: Printing black and white for photocopying
From: David Chisma <dchisma -at- retaildir -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 12:03:16 +1000

Dave Chisma wrote:

Whenever I used to produce black and white printed pages (with pictures) on
a Postscript printer, I would use the printer's Postscipt halftone settings
to vary the halftone screen frequency to something that would photocopy
well, say 75 line screen.

What ever happened to halftone screen frequency? These days, all the Windows
Postscript printer drivers I see these days don't seem to have that
functionality. As if Adobe decided that this is a typesetting thing, not a
DTP thing.

Has anybody else noticed this and have you found a solution?

David Chisma
Technical Writer
Retail Directions Group
dchisma -at- retaildir -dot- com -dot- au