Will this work?

Subject: Will this work?
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com>
To: Tech Writing List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 17:01:43 -0600

I have a document with a batch of EPS graphics in it. I have a PostScript B&W printer, but a non-PostScript color printer.

If I take my document, create a PDF of it, and then print the PDF on the color printer, will the colors be a reasonable approximation of the original document?

Would I do much better by taking the document (it's just a Word file with the graphics dropped in) to a service bureau and having them print it in color?

The final version needs to be on transparency paper; it's for an overhead slide for a conference.

--
Beth Friedman / bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary." -- James D. Nicoll