RE: On degrees and the like...

Subject: RE: On degrees and the like...
From: Jim Shaeffer <jims -at- spsi -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 14:52:34 -0500

Anthony Markatos said:
<snip> Training programs need to focus on teaching the main thing that needs
to be done to create clear, concise, comprehensive technical communications:
<snip> Obtain a rigorous understanding of end-user's goals. </snip>

That is also the main thing that needs to be done by the product designer,
the programmer, the marketer, the route salesman, the telephone support
person, and so on ad nauseum. How does that produce, specifically, technical
communicators and not just good business people?
Note, I am not downplaying the importance of the concept. I am just pointing
out that it is universal to any successful activity.

Jim Shaeffer mailto:jims -at- spsi -dot- com