Re: Fwd: Re: What sayest me... on Worthless TC Degrees

Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: What sayest me... on Worthless TC Degrees
From: "Jon Huxtable" <jzh -at- cyberscience -dot- com>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:37:54 +0100

Jean Ostrem wrote:

> I tend to use indexes, but the best user manual I ever saw didn't
> have an index. Actually, maybe it did. I don't know because I never
> needed the index. It was task-oriented, graphics-centric, and lovely.
> I spent something like 60 minutes skimming it, and then I knew enough
> about the operating system to get my work done.

What about six months later when you need just a single fact
for reference. Are you going to spend another hour skimming
through the manual - or would you prefer a way to get straight
to the information you need?

Jon
--
Jon Huxtable jzh -at- cyberscience -dot- com
Documentation Manager Cyberscience, Hoddesdon, UK