Re: TOOLS: CBT development software

Subject: Re: TOOLS: CBT development software
From: "S. R. Begnoche" <begnoche -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:50:49 -0500

At 10:30 AM 3/29/00 -0800, Becca Price wrote:
>We're going to be developing computer-based training
>for the software I'm documenting... and I really don't
>know where to start. Can someone recommend:
>
>1) a good tool with which to develop it, and

Click2Learn.com (formerly Asymetrix) has several products. Toolbook II
Assistant is very easy for non-programmers to use. Toolbook II Instructor
has a steeper learning curve but offers a lot more flexibility if you are
willing to learn Openscript.

>2) a good book or article for guidelines when creating
>CBT?

A book with a sound instructional design basis is "Technology-Based
Training" by Kevin Kruse and Jason Keil. If you are more concerned with
getting some background on multimedia elements, try Multimedia : Making It
Work by Tay Vaughan and Scott Rogers.

Suzanne Begnoche
Training Developer
IBM PC Institute