Re: Overtime Compensation for Contractor

Subject: Re: Overtime Compensation for Contractor
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: "John J. Gardiner" <john -at- johngardiner -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 18:18:56 -0800

Ask yourself what you want for working hours and hours over 40, then double it. I personally hate to work overtime.

Marilynne

At 01:20 PM 3/28/00, John J. Gardiner wrote:

I am a freelance tech writer who has been asked to contract for a gig that will involve over 40 hours of work a week. I've never arranged overtime compensation as a contractor.

I'd be interested in hearing from those contractors who have negotiated hourly rates for overtime. Is it as simple as time and a half? Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John J. Gardiner
Design and Documentation
www.johngardiner.com

Web Design * Documentation * Online Help

"Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental."

Marilynne Smith
Sr. Technical Writer
QUALCOMM
marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com