Placement of tables/figures

Subject: Placement of tables/figures
From: Carrie Miller <CMiller -at- mrisystem -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 14:50:32 -0500

I work for a software company that provides a lot of figures and
field/description tables in documentation in order to help users complete
fields on views. Lately, the documentation department has debating where to
place figures and tables. Some feel that when placed within a procedure,
tables and graphics are too intrusive. Others feel they should be placed
within the procedures, next to the step they pertain to. Also, many clients
have complained that they cannot find information about certain fields when
they are buried in a setup procedure, for example.

If anyone is facing similar issues or has any recommendations, please
share.

Carrie
cmiller -at- mriystem -dot- com <mailto:cmiller -at- mriystem -dot- com>