RE: On degrees and the like...

Subject: RE: On degrees and the like...
From: salatas <salatas -at- micron -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:09:24 -0700

Michael Collier wrote:

In my view a superior technical communication program on the graduate level
would have to be modeled after the case study approach used by master's in
business administration (MBA) programs. Real world technical communication
problems would be introduced, with students working in teams to design and
implement a solution.

<snip>

Do any of you who teach or study in academic tech writing programs use
anything like this?

I am enrolled in the MS program in Technical Communication Management at
Mercer University. We are using the case study methods you describe, and
that's one reason I chose this program.

For more on Mercer's philosophy, see
http://www.mercer.edu/mstco/default.htm, and click on "Distance Learning."

Salette Latas