RE: No Bucks, No Buck Rogers (Short and Sweet - was LONG and Cranky)

Subject: RE: No Bucks, No Buck Rogers (Short and Sweet - was LONG and Cranky)
From: "Guy A. McDonald" <guy -at- nstci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 01:11:56 -0600

Some guy ranted and blew his cork by saying...
~~~~~~~~
>I don't know of a single doctor who was able to hang a shingle upon
graduating from medical school. Rather, they acquired the *minimal set of
skills* necessary for success in the medical profession from their
schooling. Is it fair expect more from technical communications programs?
~~~~~~~~
All you guys and gals can just call me Dr. Guy from now on. Okay?

And my lovely wife Robin is now Dr. Robin since she too is a tech writer.
Her radio show will be broadcast in Houston someday soon.

Ahhhh... to add some levity to a thread that is little more than another
rehash of the certification wars.

<<<yawn>>>

And the cork continues to sail even higher into the air with...
~~~~~~~~~~
>I've had some pretty damned good coffee at an STC meeting or two, I'll have
you know. But again, this assertion is based on What?
~~~~~~~~~~
The coffee I drank while underwater on some submarines was 9/10 bean and
1/10 water.

But wait!

Must I *qualify* that statement with an exhaustive comparative analysis of
the ratio between bean tonnage and the inverse proportion of water per cup?

-or-

an across-the-board exhaustive survey of the coffee swilling swabbies on
board?

-or-

an evaluation of the coffee brewing instructions?
~~~~~~~~~
>Gotta love them overgeneralizations...yup, yup, yup...
~~~~~~~~~
We have a consensus of two -- hypocrisy is besides the point.
~~~~~~~~~
>Hell, some of my best friends are stupid ;-)
~~~~~~~~~
Count me NOT on that list! Nope -- me just a polymoron for hire.
~~~~~~~~
>Right; sorry, but I just don't get how this lame platitude is related to
the prior point.
~~~~~~~~~
Wrong; sorry, but this is a PLATOTUDE!!!

Coffee ... where's my coffee??? Can we go back to talking about teamwork,
organizational communication, and effective leadership skills now?

Guy McDonald
guy -at- nstci -dot- com