RE: HELP! (Word/Visio File Size) SUMMARY AND THANKS

Subject: RE: HELP! (Word/Visio File Size) SUMMARY AND THANKS
From: BlaineBachman -at- bia -dot- gov
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 12:26:20 -0700

I once had access to a utility that allowed me to "see" a Word file in its
undraped form (woo woo! (pant) (pant)) I discovered at that time that once
a file is saved for the first time, Word handles each subsequent saved
change as a "delta" string appended in chronological order to the end of
the file (hence the recommendation to copy over all but the final paragraph
mark).

Any wonder why the file continues to grow?

For this reason, I also take every opportunity to discourage others
(particularly my employer) from surreptitiously sending Word .doc files to
their customers and clients. The item that they copied and changed could
contain sensitive information embedded in the file.

-Blaine (feelin' "soap-boxy today, fer sure!)

For the egoist has so far the advantage over every other species of
devotee, that his idol is ever present. --Catherine Gore