Alphabetization Question

Subject: Alphabetization Question
From: Joanne Meehl <Jmeehl -at- datum -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:22:41 -0500

Hi all,
How would you alphabetize these words:

key, individual
keypad
Key sequence
key, shared

I thought proper form is to ignore the space. But I see various resources
disagree: The Microsoft Style Guide puts "Key Sequences" before "keypad", my
dictionaries ignore the space, and I can't find anything on it in Strunk and
White or in the Techwr-L archives. I will probably go ahead and ignore the
space (and comma), but I wonder what you all think.

If you would respond directly to me so we don't tie up the list with this,
I'll post a summary.
Thanks for your help!
Joanne