Re: Time Standards on Contractors

Subject: Re: Time Standards on Contractors
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 10:31:49 -0800

"Robert J. Opitz" <opitz -at- scientist -dot- com> wrote:

>To which Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com> replied:
>
> Yes, if you focus 100% on meeting the client's needs and 0% on
meeting your
> personal needs.
>
>Andrew, maybe I'm a little thick, but could you explain how
completely sacrificing
>yourself is a win-win situation?

I suspect he means: concentrate on the immediate needs of the
job, and leave your ego and preconceptions out of it.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Vancouver, BC, Canada

"So fall in, lads, behind the drum,
Our Colours blazing like the sun,
Along the road to come-what-may,
Over the hills and far away."
- Marching song of the British Light Division, 19th century