Re: Good Manuals - Why Rare.

Subject: Re: Good Manuals - Why Rare.
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 08:36:15 -0500

Jo Francis Byrd wrote:

> The Dell I bought a year and a half ago has most of the connector ports color
> coded and the corresponding cables coded with the same color. And a chart to
> show what goes where. Piece of cake to set this sucker up. And the user's manual
> for the CPU has detailed drawings showing what's what inside the thing.
>
> On my original Dell, when I upgraded the memory, I looked in the user guide,
> followed the excellent written instructions, augmented by beautifully detailed,
> accurate drawings, and voila! Worked perfectly the first time. Learned a lot
> about hardware from that manual.
>
> GOOD illustrations are a wonderful communication/teaching method.

Very True. OTPH I have found humorous that the microphone input on my
sound card is color-coded red but the microphone jack on my three
microphones are color-coded either green, blue or black. Just an
observation.

--
Peter

Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig.
You soon realize they both enjoy it.