tech writer to engineer ratio

Subject: tech writer to engineer ratio
From: Daniel Shugrue <dbshugrue -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 14:59:21 -0800 (PST)

I have been conducting an informal survey of fellow
techwriters on how many tech writers are needed per
engineer in a software company.

I currently work in an environment that has
18 developers engineers
10 QA engineers
2 Tech Writers

I understand other companies work on similiar ratios
1 tech writer: 10 developers : 8 QA engineers
while others have as many as
1 tech writer : QA engineer : 4 developers.

Anyone interested in taking part in the survey can
e-mail me directly at daniel -dot- shugrue -at- nokia -dot- com

I'll be happy to compile and report the answers.

Thanks and regards,
Daniel

http://im.yahoo.com