RE: RE. Text is bad?

Subject: RE: RE. Text is bad?
From: Hank Wong <hankwong -at- Remedy -dot- COM>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 14:45:06 -0800

There's no argument that Chinese writing is much more difficult to learn
than English.
But I think anybody who is actually familiar with both Chinese and English
will disagree
that English is more precise and flexible. Yes, the characters are harder to
write, but

they often express a lot more than an English word can. For example, in
Chinese we have what is
called "chen yu," which are sets of characters (usually, but not always 4),
that
express very complicated ideas. Ideas that in English could take 10, or 15
words, or more.
That's just one example.

-Hank

__
Hank Wong http://www.remedy.com/
Senior Technical Writer, Web Products mailto:hankwong -at- remedy -dot- com
Remedy Corporation
"I find your lack of feedback disturbing." -Darth Vader as a tech writer