RE: portfolio questions

Subject: RE: portfolio questions
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Kay Robart <kay -dot- robart -at- integratedconcepts -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:31:44 -0800 (PST)

I'm not saying that making unknown copies is standard
or that you do such a thing. However, since the first
time someone took my documents "in the back" to review
them, they were copied and they attempted to not have
me know they did it (it occured to three documents,
each document was stapled at a different angle and
they attaempted to match the angle and have the staple
perforations match). BTW...I got an offer, turned it
down, and told them why I did so.

Therefore, its become a policy of mine. Has it cost me
any positions that I wanted? Not to this point.

Besides, how thorough a review is needed? Reading a
page or two of each type of document and looking at a
few figures out to tell you if the person knows what
they are doing.

> full-length manuals, and we do not do anything more
> than
> read them. It is a little difficult to thoroughly
> review
> manuals with the person sitting right there, as the
> impulse
> is not to ignore the person. I have taken the
> manuals back
> to the person and asked questions about them, but
> otherwise
> we do not review in front of the writer.

> > In situations where my portfolio was reviewed, I
> make
> > it point that the review be done in my sight. The
> > first (and only) time I gave the portfolio to be
> > reviewed out of my site I got it back restapled
> and
> > in a slightly different order than I submitted it.

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin
http://im.yahoo.com