RE: Re: FWD: Preparing a translator test

Subject: RE: Re: FWD: Preparing a translator test
From: "Scudder, Beth" <beth_scudder -at- retek -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 07:49:46 -0600

> So anyway, what I need is to know how are you grouped in your company?
> If there are writers for IT and QA and other departments and work together
> in the same location or are distributed within the departments? In other
> words what is your situation as a full time on site technical writer? How
> is a group of technical writers coordinated managed and distributed the
> work within a company? What is the common practice?

I've no idea what's the common practice, but at my software company of about
500 people and five offices, all of the technical writers and documenters
(that includes the translation manager, editor, desktop publishers, etc.)
are in one office (the main one) and one department. We are distinct from
the Marketing writers, etc. We are in the same office as the majority of our
SMEs, too, but on a different floor of the building.

--Beth