Voice-activated software with Robohelp, FrameMaker and the like

Subject: Voice-activated software with Robohelp, FrameMaker and the like
From: "Bilbo, Tom" <TBILBO -at- probusiness -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 05:31:02 -0800

Hi all,

Has anyone any experience using voice-activated software along with Robohelp
and FrameMaker?

If so, can you recommend the best brands of software to use in the technical
writing environment for online and hardcopy documentation tools?

We're investigating the Dragon Naturally Speaking and IBM's ViaVoice
software. So far, neither has indicated that they are compatible with
RoboHelp and FrameMaker. We've tried using ViaVoice with RoboHelp without
much luck.

Please send your responses to the list as our other writers are also
monitoring this list.

Thanks,

Tom Bilbo
Senior Technical Writer, Technical Publications
ProBusiness Services, Inc.
Atlanta - 770-446-4060 x 335
Pleasanton - 925-737-3442
tbilbo -at- probusiness -dot- com
Communication is cheap, why not use it......
a semi-original quote by Tom Bilbo <G>