Re: Documentation on the Web

Subject: Re: Documentation on the Web
From: Dianne Blake <write-it -at- home -dot- com>
To: Techwriter <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 10:24:13 -0800

I've been working with a company's processes. Since processes often
involve several documents, we've decided to put the processes on the
intranet (in HTML format) and then we link to the most current version
of the document/form where users can retrieve (but not edit) the
document.

This serves two purposes. First everyone knows what the most current
process is, and it is also a form of document/version control. I heard
a collective sigh of relief when I suggested this method to the company.

- Dianne Blake
write-it -at- home -dot- com