Graphics Problem; Blurry image...

Subject: Graphics Problem; Blurry image...
From: "DIMEO LOWMAN, LINDA (SBCSI)" <lm3142 -at- momail -dot- sbc -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:40:49 -0600

I'm working with a graphics department who have MACs to convert a graphic
from MAC to PC format for me to put in a Word 97 document. When I look at
the graphic on their MACs and when they print it on their lovely color
printers, it's fantastic.

When they give it to me in a .jpg, it's blurry both on my screen and as
printed. I've asked for it in 256 colors, but when I check the colors in
Paint Shop Pro, it tells me there's over 13,000 in the first layer.

Anyone have any idea how to bridge the MAC/PC graphic divide? What exactly
should I be asking for from this graphic goddess?

Any assistance would be appreciated. TIA,

Linda DiMeo Lowman
SBC Communications, Inc.
Analyst/Technical Writer--LEX
314-331-1592
mailto:lm3142 -at- momail -dot- sbc -dot- com