Re: Ghost writers

Subject: Re: Ghost writers
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: Chris Kowalchuk <chris -at- bdk -dot- net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 08:07:08 -0500

Chris Kowalchuk wrote:

> re: Joel Coates' post:
>
> Somebody probably remained really hungry.
>
> I love clients who talk about "next time" before they've even seen your
> work. If they really had all this great work to be done, wouldn't they
> want to see how you did the first project before offering you the next?
> Almost invariably the great potential of "next time" is held out as the
> carrot that is supposed to make you put up with all the crap you are
> going to take "this time". There's no payout there. Run away screaming,
> but don't do a jot of work for bs'ers like that.

When someone tells me how much potential they have for me, I usually
reply that I want less potential and more present.

Sure signs that you are going to get stiffed.

"Don't' worry, I'm good for the money."
"Potential"
I know that there are more, but these are on point.

--
Peter

Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig.
You soon realize they both enjoy it.