Re: Non-Competition Clause

Subject: Re: Non-Competition Clause
From: "Tom Murrell" <tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: PBW <pbw3172 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 11:20:30 -0500

You say you don't want legal advice, but that's exactly what you need. I
would strongly urge you to get it.

The legal advice I have received in the past is that such clauses, whether
in contractor agreements or employment agreements, are not valid in the
state of Ohio, where I reside. However, I don't know where you live, and
the law may be different--though I have not heard of a case where
non-compete clauses were upheld in a court of law. (But I am not an expert
in these things.)

Tom Murrell