Re: Question for Contractors

Subject: Re: Question for Contractors
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwrl-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:11:15 -0800 (PST)

> This particular group is comprised of Christians and they have their
> guidelines: Church attendance at least 3 or 4 times per mont; single or
> living within the Biblical model of marriage; no smokers or alcohol abuse:
> no abortions of a living fetus. The plan, of course, could be adapted to
> accommodate any group of people. Smokers, for example, could produce their
> own newsletter and perhaps pay a larger monthly fee.

Oh brother... This reminds me of these Stepford communities they have here in
Portland. You buy a home and then must live under the tyranny and moral
authority of the "Neighborhood Commission." You have to clear every lawn shrub
and sexual encounter with the neighborhood elders. <Shiver>

I think they did an X-Files about that. The leader of the neighborhood
commission would summon some garbage beast to eat people who didn't obey.

Many larger agencies do offer health care benefits to contractors. However,
there usually is a monthly fee. Before you join the "Society of Telling you How
it Is" just ask your friendly recruiter.

Andrew Plato
http://im.yahoo.com