screwy crop marks

Subject: screwy crop marks
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- intl -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:43:20 -0700

I've looked through the archives on this and found nothing.

We're printing docs with a custom page size (7.75 x 8.25). When we print
these with crop marks on our HP LaserJets (5si, 8550, whatever), the crop
marks come out at 7.75 and 8.75. Using a different driver doesn't help. I
generated a PDF using the Linotronic 630 driver, then printed it on a
DeskJet 1600C, and the crop marks came out fine. Printing directly from
Frame sends me right back to square one.

My assumption is that this is a printer formatting issue and something that
we can't really fix it (or need to, since the printer will be working with
the PS files). If you have encountered otherwise, please let me know.

Bill Burns - Eccentric Technology Consultant
INT'L.com Design & Development
billdb -at- intl -dot- com
"If I go to sleep, the clowns will eat me."