Re: Documentum - feedback

Subject: Re: Documentum - feedback
From: Lindsay -dot- Doyle -at- firstunion -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 09:04:10 -0500

>What questions do you have? I'm not a programmer and
am not involved in writing DQL (Documentum Query
language, similar to SQL) statements for searching for
material, but i can answer questions from a user's
POV.<

Thanks for your response. I don't have much time to type as we are
furiously trying to test the system before the Documentum rep leaves this
afternoon. Our basic questions (myself and two other TW) are:

-What kind of support did you have initially to get Documentum to work
smoothly and how long did it take?
-Did Documentum provide training? If so, was it technical training,
end-user training, both?
-How smooth was the installation of Documentum on users' workstations?
-Did you have ACL (Access Control List) issues (setting permissions for
certain users to have access to specific docs, processes, etc.)?
-Did you have a test system in Documentum that you used prior to using the
production system? If so, did the test system accurately reflect the
production system?
-Did you find Documentum easy to use once it had been customized to meet
your requirements?

Thanks for any and all responses. I get the list in digest form so please
reply to me directly. Please copy to the list as well, as I have received
several messages from posters that are interested in this information,
also.

Lindsay