Re: Old thread, hopefully new spin on "allow" v. "enable."

Subject: Re: Old thread, hopefully new spin on "allow" v. "enable."
From: "Rick Ramsey" <rick -dot- ramsey -at- east -dot- sun -dot- com>
To: "Cathe Bedard" <cbbedard -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 14:07:25 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Cathe Bedard <cbbedard -at- yahoo -dot- com>

> It will be interesting to see if anyone comes up with
> something less "condescending" that "lets" and
> "allows".

Cathe,

How about these?

Rick

-------------

"The Help command succumbs to your indomitable will and opens the popup
window."

"Exhaling with the sigh of a thousand defeats, the Quit command releases its
grip on the application."

"The Close command pries the operating system's dead cold fingers from the
throat of the window handle and sets it free."

"North Dakota. Black miserable night. Cold shreds my body. I curse God
and my old man in the same breath just before my forehead slams into the
keyboard shortcut for Format --> Style, knowing as I lapse into advanced
hypothermia that I will never change the kerning on that blasted TableText
tag before I die."