Re: WANTED: Dumb Tech-Writer Stories

Subject: Re: WANTED: Dumb Tech-Writer Stories
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: Leanne Rollins <leanne -at- mitra -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 14:50:09 -0600

A great laugh for a Monday, Leanne, Thanks for sharing!

In case anyone else needs a good laugh (you'll note I do NOT take myself too
seriously), I am prone to "spoonerisms" - transposing the first letters of two
words to create new words. I once described my scottie-poodle mix dog as a cross
between a "scootle and pottie." And I've always thought "dray, greary" skies
MUCH more descriptive than "gray, dreary" ones!

There is a hamburger joint here in Dallas named Fuddruckers (you can probably
see this one coming). A co-worker and I were going to lunch there one day. A
bunch of us were waiting for the elevator and someone asked us where we were
going. I replied #udd -at- uckers with all the assurance of one who knows what she's
saying - just as the elevator doors opened! With my usual luck, the company
president should have been on the elevator, but it was empty. As I started to
get on the elevator I realized I'd transposed the letters, started to correct
the pronunciation, THEN realized what had come out. I went fifteen shades of
red. Everyone else thought it hysterical.

Jo Byrd