Does MSWord's "Total Page # code" suck?

Subject: Does MSWord's "Total Page # code" suck?
From: "Carl Leonard" <cleonard -at- photographer -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 08:35:14 -0800

Ron Rhodes <RRhodes -at- fourthchannel -dot- com> asked

"Does the total page # code in MS Word suck (Word 2000)?"

Yes, and it was goofy in a different way in Word97, and omitted completely
in the original release of Word95. I don't know what happened prior to Word
95, because (fortunately), I was spared the agony of using Word before then.

I haven't figured out a workaround. My guess is that it's a bug that may
someday get fixed.

"Or am I completely dense?"

I wouldn't rule that out just yet ;o)

"If it's the latter, please don't hesitate in saying so -- it won't be
the last time."

YWIA (You're welcome, in advance).

Carl "hopefully not completely dense" Leonard
Microsoft Certified Professional
cleonard -at- photographer -dot- net
"If I had thought about it, I wouldn't have done the experiment. The
literature was full of examples that said you can't do this."
--Spencer Silver on work that led to 3-M 'Post-It' Notepads.