AW: Question: Naming graphic files

Subject: AW: Question: Naming graphic files
From: "Wolfgang Dominic Diers" <wddiers -at- tech-writer -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 03:07:20 +0100

Hi Joerg!

Set up a file name convention which maps the GUI language
version, GUI elements, system status or whatever property
may be of interest to an abbreviation used in the file name.

Everyone else working with these screenshots can refer to the
file name convention and easily determin the graphic contents
without having to view it.

The file name convention also allows you to easily find
certain graphics, for instance searching for all offline
english versions (*e*o*.gif).

Example: file name 10emso01.gif
10 = Software version 1.0
e = English
m = Main window
s = Subsystem tab
o = Offline
01 = Graphic 1

Bye

Wolfgang Dominic Diers
Technical Writer
Landsberger Strasse 425
81241 Muenchen
Germany
Tel: +49/89/83 96 97 57
E-Mail: mailto:wddiers -at- tech-writer -dot- de