tools: cross-help-file searching?

Subject: tools: cross-help-file searching?
From: Becca Price <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 10:08:23 -0800 (PST)

One of our developers handed me an interesting
problem. We have several products that interact - you
can write formula in one program that goes to another
and gets information according to the formula, and
brings it back to the application you'e working in.
What the developer would like to do is be able to
search across several of our help files to find the
specific information he's looking for without
necessarily having to open each help file and search
them individually.

I mentioned Funduc's Search and Replace utility to
him, but that would only tell you what help file your
search string was in - it wouldn't be a full
winhelp-style search.

I have a vague memory that there was some nifty
utility that would let you do things like that, but I
can't remember what it was - this would have been 3
years ago, at least. does anyone here know what I'm
talking about, or is my ageing memory playing me
false? (if so, it wouldn't be for the first time! <g>)

Thanks,

Becca

=====
http://im.yahoo.com