Wanted: Dumb Tech-Writer Stories

Subject: Wanted: Dumb Tech-Writer Stories
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:19:13 -0800

Maybe list members can help me.

I'm looking for humorous stories about technical-writers.

I want to hear about bad pieces of writing, tantrums about being
a "professional," misplaced artistic sensibilities, hysterical
insistences on being overly-specialized, desperate tactics to get
information from SMEs, warped perceptions about tech-writers in
the corporate world, stupid office politics, and anything else
that appeals to your sense of humor about the profession.

The only restriction is that tech-writing or a tech-writer must
feature in the story.

I may include the best stories in a piece of satirical fiction
that I'm writing. If so, I will contact contributors before using
their stories.

And who knows? If the stories are good enough, maybe I'll start a
new web-site. At the very least, I'll post a summary in a few
weeks of the best stories.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any contributions.

------
Bruce Byfield, Product Manager, Stormix Technologies
Vancouver, BC, Canada

"Oceania is at war with EastAsia. Oceania has always been at war
with EastAsia."
- George Orwell, "Nineteen Eighty-Four"