RE: Release Notes

Subject: RE: Release Notes
From: "Harry Bacheler" <hbacheler -at- geo -dot- census -dot- gov>
To: "Ackerson, Allan" <aackerson -at- logicon -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 14:31:28 -0500

It is that (tech writing) knowledge base that we all have in some depth
that makes us worth the value we place on ourselves when we look for and
accept a position.

You can always find the information you need. You just don't know where
to find the new stuff.

After all, how many know the keywords to put into the 'search engine' field
to get exactly what you are looking for.

When I got started, I did not know what blueline, mechanical, stat, kerning,
leading, gutter, or other similar terms that are all part of the tech writer
knowledge requirements that we discussed a while back.

It is also important to know that some whirlers are placed in tech writing
assignments "because there ain't no one else, and you can do it.
(Whether you think you can or not).

Some are asking "Tell me who I can ask, that won't think I'm a dummy."

IMHO

Harry M. Bacheler, Jr.
Consultant
VGS, Inc.

"The thoughts, ideas, and opinions expressed in my portion of
this email are mine and mine alone. They are not the thoughts,
ideas, and/or opinions of any past, present, or future employers,
or any group that I might belong to."