Re: User Manuals

Subject: Re: User Manuals
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Cherish683 -at- aol -dot- com, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 10:20:09 -0800 (PST)

> I am a contract worker and a rookie in the technical
> writing arena.
> I need a little help.

> What is the best software for composing ?User
> Manuals??

In theory, in order of best software with no outside
factors:
troff
Interleaf
FrameMaker

Factor in being a rookie, FrameMaker

Factor in working environment, whatever software your
client uses if you are working on their site.

> What is the best reference book on composing ?User
> Manuals??

The user and the application.

> What is the best software for system screen shots? I
> know about ?Snagit?,
> are there any others?

There are others. I could use any of them. I use
Snagit 5.0.

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
Kaiser Wilhelm
http://im.yahoo.com