Re: Marketing's Role

Subject: Re: Marketing's Role
From: Cathe Bedard <cbbedard -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 10:46:48 -0800 (PST)

Lisa Kemp <lnk -at- ontario -dot- com> asked:
> What role does a Marketing Department typically have
> in reviewing or
> creating the layout for documentation (including
> manuals, training
> materials, letters, etc.)?

At my previous job, a commpany of about 100 people,the
Marketing supervisor reviewed all documentation. She
primarily was interested in graphic layout rather than
content. I can't remember her not agreeing with our
content when we explained our reasons. The
relationship was not at all adversarial.

I think the Marketing supervisor was involved
initially because the documentation department had
evolved from Marketing and later because she had a
more extensive writing background than either of the
doc managers.

Cathe
http://im.yahoo.com