RE: Article on Contracting vs Employee

Subject: RE: Article on Contracting vs Employee
From: Scottie Lover <iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:22:38 -0500

At 01:06 PM 02/28/2000 -0800, m j wrote:
> Most people sign away rights for employers to see
>all health charting and records, while they could just alter the agreements
>on the insurance as they enter into the agreements. Funny.

You've sure got that right! When I was interviewing for a job, I went to
one place that required that applicants (not even employees!) agree to let
them circulate any information they learn about the person. I handed the
guy the form, said I couldn't sign that, and prepared to leave. When he
explained that that only meant if the feds or police inquired, I pointed
out that the way it was worded, they could publish it on the front page of
the local newspaper. He started laughing, and said that I was right -- but
that I was the first person who had ever noticed that. He hastily slashed
those lines and added a perfectly acceptable correction, and I was offered
the job.

However, I can't get over the number of people who had blithely signed that
(apparently without reading it).