Re: Article on Contracting vs Employee

Subject: Re: Article on Contracting vs Employee
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: Scottie Lover <iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 16:17:49 -0600

One of the reasons to read your contracts carefully!

If the contract makes a statement that anything you write belongs to the
company, cross out that statement and write in the margin a statement to the
effect that you retain ownership to whatever you do on your own time that is not
related to that company. Then sign/initial it. I have yet to have a company
balk.

Jo Byrd