Chapter number

Subject: Chapter number
From: Karen Neeb <KNeeb -at- SagebrushCorp -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:34:49 -0600

Hi all!

I'd like your opinions on the following:

What are some arguments for and against the two main ways to number
chapters, i.e., numbering the entire manual consecutively (1-568) vs. using
the chapter number and restarting each chapter at 1 (1-1, 2-1, etc.)?

I have my own ideas, but I'd like to see if I'm missing anything.

Please reply directly as I subscribe to digest. Thanks in advance,

Karen Neeb
Kneeb -at- sagebrushcorp -dot- com <mailto:Kneeb -at- sagebrushcorp -dot- com>