Re: Frame/RTF/Word

Subject: Re: Frame/RTF/Word
From: "Tim Altom" <taltom -at- simplywritten -dot- com>
To: "TechDoc List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 06:59:13 -0500

MIF2GO filters a Frame MIF file to RTF. This is important because Frame's
native RTF output filter is, to be kind, less than totally effective.
MIF2GO's output is far more reliable. Frame's input filter is good, so it
can import RTFs from Word without intervention. It works great. We use it
here.

You're intrinsically in an inefficient situation. Engineers don't know or
care about styles, tags, or anything else that will make your life easier.
Do you at least have the engineers turn on the visible changes option in
Word? Or do you have to import the whole document into Frame, then lay it
out again?

Tim Altom
Simply Written, Inc.
Featuring FrameMaker and the Clustar Method(TM)
"Better communication is a service to mankind."
317.562.9298
Check our Web site for the upcoming Clustar class info
http://www.simplywritten.com