Re: Wording without he/she

Subject: Re: Wording without he/she
From: "Pam Hurley" <hurleyp -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>
To: @í <sdeichmann -at- voicemobility -dot- com>, "TECHWR" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 16:34:37 -0500

How about: "Remove the mailboxes of the selected subscriber before removing
the subscriber"? Why does the reader need to be told why the subscriber
can't be removed? Wouldn't that be obvious? Isn't the reader in this case
simply trying to remove a subscriber and his/her mailbox?

It just seems to me that the problem is in the telling--the action to be
completed is removal, and should be the main focus of the instruction.

Pam Hurley